This Is Me..

I am married to my best friend John. We have 3 adorable youngsters....And somehow I am living in Las Vegas....

Monday, March 06, 2006

Deployments thoughts....

Tonight my hubby is leaving for war. Wow I dont think I have ever thought of it that way, but I guess thats what it is. On saturday night we went to a party that one of the guys that is deploying with him held for their Flight. I didnt really want to go but afterwards I was glad I did. It was good to see the other guys, expesially the enlisted guys that I never talk to, and just hang out. One of the guys came to me and said, Mam, I am going to be your husbands gunner and I will take care of him and I am glad he is my AC. you dont worry Mam. I cant explain how much it meant to me. Last week was hard, John didnt get any day off and he had to work that saturday so I wasnt being very positive but that guy going out of his way to say that made me a lot more positive about the whole thing. I guess in reality I am not as worried about him coming back alive as I am about keeping my 2 year old alive. Last night I had lit a candle on the barisle and was making dessert when I smell something burning, I turn around and my little Kala has her hair on fire, holding a passifier on fire in one hand and a plastic spoon also on fire in the other. The look on her face was not of a scared child but of a Mad Scientists!!! Talking about danger!!! Man I nearly freaked out!!!
I better go and spend the night with my John, he just finished tugging the girls into bed. And wow my little girl turned 5 today.. I can still remember the moment I first met her, hard to believe its been five years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home