A New Year....

2007 started strangely as John left for Iraq on the 1st. I have to say that I never thought we would start a new year and another deployment at the same time. We ended the year busy, like that is new in our house!!, starting on the 20th Noi turned 1 then we went to a big christmas party on the 22nd. On the 23rd we celebrated Nois 1st and Kala's 3rd birthdays with a big party and lots of friends. THen christmas eve was just wonderful with a few gusests. John's brother my sister Maria and one of the other pilots from John's work. Then chrstimas morning came. On the 28th me and John celebrated our 4th anniversary. THanks to Maria we went out on a date. WE went to a restarant and then John dragged me into a bar got us beers and we played pool, It was such a great time. On the 30th Kala officially turned 3 and then I took my sister and the kids on the 31st to San Diego to visit my good friends the Valdes family. So John spent the last night of the year all by himself while we went. I couldnt wake up another day with him not there so I decided to beat him to it.. He left that morning at 5am anyway.
I just want to say Happy New Year to all of you. And thank you to all who are there for me these days wit John gone. Wheter in prayer or whatever else I could not do these deployments without you.. And thank you to my mom who talks to me every day despite being half the world away....
Love you all....

1 Comments:
At 11:42 AM,
Anonymous said…
Sæl skvís,
rosalega gaman að ná þér á msn-inu :-) Eruð þið svo að fara að flytja þegar bakgarðurinn er tilbúinn? Hvað þýðir "deployment"? Ég kíkti í tölvuorðabókina og þar segir dreifing, staðsetning eða ráðstöfun. Frábært að geta fylgst með þér hérna.
Knús og kossar frá Lettlandi,
Guðný
Post a Comment
<< Home