This Is Me..

I am married to my best friend John. We have 3 adorable youngsters....And somehow I am living in Las Vegas....

Thursday, September 14, 2006

A Birthday Day..

Last night me and John went to The Stratesphere for dinner to celebrate my 28th birthday that is today. It was great. He had arranged it and a babysitter so that was just really nice. We even bought some cheesy photos of us with Vegas in the background that read, "On Top Of The World". It was a great time. I was a bit nervous about Noah but our awesome babysitter took care of him so well. She is just a sweetheart. This morning I woke Agusta up and said, "guess who's birthday it is today" and she just started crying. " But mom I don't have a present for you yet". And then she said, " what about your birthday party". And as I tried to explain to her that adults typicly don't have birthday parties for themselves she just cries more. So she wouldn't sing for me or make me a Birthday card. She is such a cutie. It made me a bit sad, not that she didn't have a present or that she was crying over such a simple unimportant thing but that I started thinking about our Icelandic traditions and how people just burst in on everyones birthday. Doesn't matter how old you are getting, if you are gaining another year you better have made a cake or two because your relatives are going to show up after dinner. I guess it is just sort of an unwritten rule.
I think I got about 10 phonecalls from Iceland today and I got the best birthday e-card from my mummy....
Well since I have no cake, no relatives bursting in on me and husband at work I think I am going to have icecream for dinner since I haven't eaten and it is 9pm.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:21 AM, Blogger Sherry said…

    Happy Birthday!!!!!!
    We hope it was a great day filled with love!
    -Sherry and family

     

Post a Comment

<< Home