"I have to call the Monkey Doctor"
Today Agusta came running into the kitchen yelling, " mom, it's an emergency", " I have to call the Monkey Doctor"!!!! I was all "WHat". " mom, uncle Pete said if something would be wrong with the monkey's I had to call him since he is the monkey Doctor".
A little heads up: A few weeks ago my brother-in-law Pete and his wife Ellie drove here from Chicago, they were on their way to reside in LA. They brought the girls a big monkey chair, one for each of them. Which now are in the living room. So when they brought them Pete did some sewing in a copule of places were the stiches were coming apart. So he ended up becoming the Monkey Doctor and Agusta is the Nurse Assistant. Well Agusta takes that job very seriously and has taken very good care of the monkeys since Doctor Pete left her in charge. Until today were the situation became critical and she needed to consult the Doctor. For some reason his phonenumber wasnt in my cell phone so she called her grandma and got his number from her. She even wrote it down herself and everything.
So after she got Doctor Pete on the phone this is what her end of the conversation sounded like. " Yes, Agusta". " there is an emergency with the Mama monkey", Silence, " a hole on her tummy". After talking to the monkey doctor I think they came to an agreement that the situation wasn't critical and could wait another two weeks to be operated on, that's when uncle Pete is coming back to visit.
Agusta is growing so fast and she really thinks about things and is not afraid to say what comes to her mind. We have been learning all about the human body for the last couple of weeks and it has been great. I was only going to touch on the basics since she is still only 5 but her curiosity and great questions has brought us much further and we have learned all about the heart and what happens to the food we eat. How the brain works and how the skeleton holds us together, even though she doesn't like how the skeleton looks!!!!
Today she counted for the first time to a 100 all by herself. I am so proud of her. She is just an amasing little girl.
A little update on Kala. She got her second set of tubes in on thursday and it wen't pretty well. She seemes to be feeling better these days. I have gone nearly all organic so I am hoping that the better nutrition will help her gain her srength and maybe put a little fat on her little body.
Noi Bjorn is still nursing around the clock. I am surprised he is not fatter than he is, if he isn't eating real food then he is on the boob (hope I spelled that right). He is an adventours little boy and full of energy. He loves his sisters and gets sad when they are not around. He is working on walking and has mastered standing up and crawling. He is still one of the happiest babies I have ever known.
As of me besides being a bit tired I am doing pretty good. I am trying to prepare myself for the upcoming deployment but it isn't easy. I am also working on being more organised and trying to get a chore system up and running for the girls. I haven't been spending as much time with the Lord as I would like. I know it's not His fault...I am working on setting my priorites straight...
I have also realised over the last few weeks what an awesome group of friends we have here. We are so blessed. I am so blessed.....
A little heads up: A few weeks ago my brother-in-law Pete and his wife Ellie drove here from Chicago, they were on their way to reside in LA. They brought the girls a big monkey chair, one for each of them. Which now are in the living room. So when they brought them Pete did some sewing in a copule of places were the stiches were coming apart. So he ended up becoming the Monkey Doctor and Agusta is the Nurse Assistant. Well Agusta takes that job very seriously and has taken very good care of the monkeys since Doctor Pete left her in charge. Until today were the situation became critical and she needed to consult the Doctor. For some reason his phonenumber wasnt in my cell phone so she called her grandma and got his number from her. She even wrote it down herself and everything.
So after she got Doctor Pete on the phone this is what her end of the conversation sounded like. " Yes, Agusta". " there is an emergency with the Mama monkey", Silence, " a hole on her tummy". After talking to the monkey doctor I think they came to an agreement that the situation wasn't critical and could wait another two weeks to be operated on, that's when uncle Pete is coming back to visit.
Agusta is growing so fast and she really thinks about things and is not afraid to say what comes to her mind. We have been learning all about the human body for the last couple of weeks and it has been great. I was only going to touch on the basics since she is still only 5 but her curiosity and great questions has brought us much further and we have learned all about the heart and what happens to the food we eat. How the brain works and how the skeleton holds us together, even though she doesn't like how the skeleton looks!!!!
Today she counted for the first time to a 100 all by herself. I am so proud of her. She is just an amasing little girl.
A little update on Kala. She got her second set of tubes in on thursday and it wen't pretty well. She seemes to be feeling better these days. I have gone nearly all organic so I am hoping that the better nutrition will help her gain her srength and maybe put a little fat on her little body.
Noi Bjorn is still nursing around the clock. I am surprised he is not fatter than he is, if he isn't eating real food then he is on the boob (hope I spelled that right). He is an adventours little boy and full of energy. He loves his sisters and gets sad when they are not around. He is working on walking and has mastered standing up and crawling. He is still one of the happiest babies I have ever known.
As of me besides being a bit tired I am doing pretty good. I am trying to prepare myself for the upcoming deployment but it isn't easy. I am also working on being more organised and trying to get a chore system up and running for the girls. I haven't been spending as much time with the Lord as I would like. I know it's not His fault...I am working on setting my priorites straight...
I have also realised over the last few weeks what an awesome group of friends we have here. We are so blessed. I am so blessed.....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home