Heath Ledger...
My friend called me today to tell my that an actor died. What does it matter to me, he wasn't a friend or an old classmate. Not anyone I have ever met. To understand my sadness hearing these news I have to take you years back. I never had a "movie idea" about romance. My romantic ideas mostly came from books. I have always been more of a reader than a television watcher. So my characters never had an actor face to them. They just looked like my imagination made them look. Which in my mind seems a better way to fantasize. Most of the books I read had adventure in them. But then later I liked reading adventures of women falling for, or despising at first, and then falling for the loner or the guy that didn't necessarily seem all that handsome but full of mystery and this charm that is really bothersome but then likable and then lovable. The first movie I saw Heath Ledger in was "10 things I hate about you". A teenage flick!! After that movie I sometimes saw his faces in my book characters. Because he wasn't necessarily that handsome. But it had a mystery. And those were the roles he played.
Only this November I watched for the twentieth time "A Knights Tale". In which I laughed my head off. But fell in love with his character again. As in all his movies. It makes me sad that He has died. Why? You might ask. And I don't really know. Maybe because He was so young. Maybe, because He won't make any more movies that make me laugh or fall in love with his character again. I don't really have a clear or even a good answer.
Only this November I watched for the twentieth time "A Knights Tale". In which I laughed my head off. But fell in love with his character again. As in all his movies. It makes me sad that He has died. Why? You might ask. And I don't really know. Maybe because He was so young. Maybe, because He won't make any more movies that make me laugh or fall in love with his character again. I don't really have a clear or even a good answer.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home