Books I read over and over and over again..And why...
I have been thinking lately about books I have read. Books that draw me back to them again again, books I can't seem to get enough of. Like Gone with the wind. It's one of my favorite books, I lost count of how often I have read it long time ago. The reason that I am drawn to that book is that I love the heroetic, strong character of Scarlett. ( her character is totally changed in the movie, by the way). How she never gives up no matter what. Her ability to stand up when life is so hard! The romantic side of me loves Rhett Butler, I was in ninth grade when I read that book the first time. I used to daydream about "A Rhett Butler" coming and sweeping me off my feet, making me irretably angry, but being so stinking charming that he would be forgiven everything. If he would just give me one kiss...I would be his forever. Rhett made Scarlett nearly beg for a kiss!. And then he wouldnt give it to her. When I met John my daydreams from my youth came back to me. He was not only as charming as Rhett he also made me nearly beg for a kiss. That's how I knew he was the one. And what he has above Rhett is his love for God. At one point in the book Rhett says. " Rhett Butler believes in Rhett Butler". My John would never say that, I know his heart is set on God above anything..I am so thrilled that God gave me my sexy, charming, mysterius , God fearing John....
Another book that I have also read so often that I lost count of it a long time ago is "The Lord Of The Rings books" and the "Hobbit". I read these also for bravery, But I love the adventures. I love " every time you walk out of your door you dont know were the road will lead you"... how true that is. Those books were the partly the reason I ventured out on my own adventures to far away places like Iran and Pakistan, I wanted to go were people are different. I loved not knowing what would happen every day I woke up. I loved the thrilled of my life being dangered (sad part was that if I would have died at that point I would have gone to hell, i didnt know jesus at the time). I can still remember the feeling of being free again, I cant describe it. I loved seing mountains so high that you couldnt see them. My heart has always longed for excitement for new experiences for taking a chance. I still get the chills reading about Bilbos adventures but after my own they took on a different light, they became more real, they became more my own....
Another book that I have also read so often that I lost count of it a long time ago is "The Lord Of The Rings books" and the "Hobbit". I read these also for bravery, But I love the adventures. I love " every time you walk out of your door you dont know were the road will lead you"... how true that is. Those books were the partly the reason I ventured out on my own adventures to far away places like Iran and Pakistan, I wanted to go were people are different. I loved not knowing what would happen every day I woke up. I loved the thrilled of my life being dangered (sad part was that if I would have died at that point I would have gone to hell, i didnt know jesus at the time). I can still remember the feeling of being free again, I cant describe it. I loved seing mountains so high that you couldnt see them. My heart has always longed for excitement for new experiences for taking a chance. I still get the chills reading about Bilbos adventures but after my own they took on a different light, they became more real, they became more my own....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home