A Friend...
Yesterday I started complaining to my friend about my front lawn. I had spent 40 minutes that morning trying to rake up the leaves but I didnt see much progress. Then Noi started crying and Kala couldnt keep from running into the street. So my lawn needed some serious attention or I would propably start getting hatemail from the HOA!!!!
So she says lets go out and look at it, and before I know it she is out there raking the grass, my only excuse for not helping is that I am holding the baby. So we are chatting and she keeps raking, at one point Noi is asleeep in my arms so I have no excuse for not putting him down. So I offer my help but she is like no its fine. So I grab the devotional book we were going to read a chapter in together and start reading to her. So here she is raking my leaves for and hour and a half while I read to her. I cant remember in what context she said this but she said, you are serenading me with words!! Isnt that just cool. I so felt us growing closer together!! We were reading about the fruit of the spirit and it was a great topic to discuss and the hour just flew by!! I thank God for bringing such a good friend. I thank God for the ability to poor out my heart to another lady, a friend that dosent judge, just takes it like it is. Even the not so fun task of raking my leaves. May God bless her for her servants heart!!!
So she says lets go out and look at it, and before I know it she is out there raking the grass, my only excuse for not helping is that I am holding the baby. So we are chatting and she keeps raking, at one point Noi is asleeep in my arms so I have no excuse for not putting him down. So I offer my help but she is like no its fine. So I grab the devotional book we were going to read a chapter in together and start reading to her. So here she is raking my leaves for and hour and a half while I read to her. I cant remember in what context she said this but she said, you are serenading me with words!! Isnt that just cool. I so felt us growing closer together!! We were reading about the fruit of the spirit and it was a great topic to discuss and the hour just flew by!! I thank God for bringing such a good friend. I thank God for the ability to poor out my heart to another lady, a friend that dosent judge, just takes it like it is. Even the not so fun task of raking my leaves. May God bless her for her servants heart!!!

2 Comments:
At 12:12 AM,
MrH said…
Wow! Some friend you've got! I have one that is just as awesome, accepting me with all of my faults, and such. Friendship is truly an amazing, wonderful thing! Thank you for being my friend!
M
At 6:44 PM,
Anonymous said…
I think about you and the girls all the time. Miss you all bunches!!!! Prayers and love,
Sherry
Post a Comment
<< Home