I Don't like the War in Iraq...!!!!
At the mall the other day I was talking to this family, they were actually from Iceland but have been here for over 20 years. The lady asked me were John was and I answer, " He is in Iraq". I had hardly finished the sentence when she says, " I dont agree with that War in Iraq". Well my face grew hot and I got so mad. Who is she to say that like that. It is not only inconsiderate but hell I am so glad my husband is out there risking his life for you and you have every right to say , "Well I don't agree with that". It really made me want to hold a twenty minute speach!! But I didn't. I allowed the akward silence to pass and then changed the subject.
This was not the first time when I have mentoned my military relation that people have said that. They are probably not thinking about what they are saying or maybe because they Have the Freedom to say it they do. No matter what it is it hurts every time. ANd the worst is when John is gone. Like it isn't hard enough to not have him around. I do believe in the freedom of speach and that everyone have rights to their own oppinion but I also believe that a person is a person, and persons have feelings wether they like the war in Iraq or not. Wether they are a christian or a muslim and I feel from the bottom of my heart for people that do not have the right to feel, or to worship what they believe and that sometimes we in the "western world" forget that. I will never forget the women I met in Iran that spoke the perfect English, that are much more educated and much more intelligent than me but do not have any right because they happen to be born in a country where being female means you are pretty much owned and have no rights. Women that looked into my eyes with tears expressing how lucky I am for being FREE, that I am able to do whatever I want.
I used to say, " I am a Liberal" but I don't believe in that anymore. If you would look at how I view the world today you would probably call me a Conservatist. But what the heck does that matter when there are people out there suffering. What does it matter when people are using abortion as birth control. Do I think that Abortion should be illegal, well if people really want to use that obtion it doesn't matter wether it is legal or illegal it's going to happen either way. Making something that isn't ethnical legal doesn't make it right.
I hope I never have to go through a war. I pray that my children will not have to go through loosing their father in this war or the next one. I still believe in what he is doing is right, and I pray for Freedom for Every man, woman and child of this world. I wait anxiously for the day when no'one will suffer ever again....
This was not the first time when I have mentoned my military relation that people have said that. They are probably not thinking about what they are saying or maybe because they Have the Freedom to say it they do. No matter what it is it hurts every time. ANd the worst is when John is gone. Like it isn't hard enough to not have him around. I do believe in the freedom of speach and that everyone have rights to their own oppinion but I also believe that a person is a person, and persons have feelings wether they like the war in Iraq or not. Wether they are a christian or a muslim and I feel from the bottom of my heart for people that do not have the right to feel, or to worship what they believe and that sometimes we in the "western world" forget that. I will never forget the women I met in Iran that spoke the perfect English, that are much more educated and much more intelligent than me but do not have any right because they happen to be born in a country where being female means you are pretty much owned and have no rights. Women that looked into my eyes with tears expressing how lucky I am for being FREE, that I am able to do whatever I want.
I used to say, " I am a Liberal" but I don't believe in that anymore. If you would look at how I view the world today you would probably call me a Conservatist. But what the heck does that matter when there are people out there suffering. What does it matter when people are using abortion as birth control. Do I think that Abortion should be illegal, well if people really want to use that obtion it doesn't matter wether it is legal or illegal it's going to happen either way. Making something that isn't ethnical legal doesn't make it right.
I hope I never have to go through a war. I pray that my children will not have to go through loosing their father in this war or the next one. I still believe in what he is doing is right, and I pray for Freedom for Every man, woman and child of this world. I wait anxiously for the day when no'one will suffer ever again....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home